Friday, June 24, 2005

The Clapotis Craze



It seems everyone's making Kate Gilbert's Clapotis. Kylie Gusset round up some links in January but there's been many, many more on the needles since. Now, don't get me wrong: I can see the appeal.

But I'd like to speak up in defense of Elizabeth, another Kate Gilbert design. It keeps your neck lovely and warm, looks wonderful poking out of a coat and easily tucks into a pocket when the heat's on too high indoors.

This was my first, knitted with Classic Elite Lush Colour #4413 and Jo Sharp Kid Mohair Colour #608. The buttons are vintage, courtesy of my mother-in-law. My second was adapted to shorten the flare somewhat, and I substituted the Jo Sharp with Rowan Kidsilk Haze Colour #585. No photos unfortunately, because I was wearing this at dinner with my sister and she liked it so much she wore it home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home