Friday, March 03, 2006

How to tell if a girl likes you*



She may knit you something. Like a scarf, say. Wear it. Even if you hate scarves, or anything around your neck, and it makes you itch and claustrophobic: wear it. It took her a long, long time to make you this scarf, and with every stitch, she thought of you and the wonderful future you’d share together. You’ll need a scarf in this future perfect. It will get cold. Some days, she will wonder if she still loves you. You will need this scarf then, to remind you that she did, and will, and does. If you are lucky, she may offer to knit you a pair of socks, or a sweater. Do not recoil in horror. This is her telling you how much she likes you.

*From my referrer log. I love seeing the search terms that lead readers to this blog, though I often regret that there’s almost nothing here of any practical value to the random visitor. I imagine cursing out there whenever someone googles float+to+walls+containing+piers and finds no practical plastering advice whatsoever. The above is a small rectification, from a knitter’s point of view, just in case anyone comes looking for advice on this matter in the future.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Hee! I love your charming response to the burning question on some poor googler's mind... I too get a kick out of what strange terms people search which lead them to my blog. Recently I've had a creepy pair: "figure skating voyeur" and "figure skating voyeur peek". Obviously the first search had to be narrowed down a bit in the second. I seriously cannot think of when I ever used the word voyeur in a post. Anyway, if that person is still searching for some figure skating fun, now they'll find your blog too!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Very cute
My search refs aren't anywhere as entertaining!

10:38 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

a most excellent set of instructions.

also, hello: found you via rosylittlethings (alicia).

2:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love this post.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home