Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's snowing in Minneapolis.



For Zoƫ, aged one and a bit.

More than once, I've had to explain why the mittens are joined together. (The cord can be threaded through the sleeves of a child's coat, thus preventing the loss of a single mitten, or both.) It's funny how such a concept is so foreign here in Melbourne, where it gets quite cold in winter, and people complain (oh, how they complain) but no one thinks to buy a coat.

Pattern: Toddler Mittens from Knitting for Baby: 30 Heirloom Projects with Complete How-To-Knit Instructions by Melanie Falick.
Yarn: Peer Gynt. I think the colour is #237? Oh, I can't tell: serves me right for what I wrote about Norway the other day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny to see your post, I have been thinking quite a bit about mitten strings for the past few days and feeling like a bad mom/knitter for not having made any for my kid's mittens.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home