Monday, September 18, 2006

Still bare

All of a sudden, in the face of losing my house, I’ve become decisive about some of the house-related issues that have plagued me over the past eighteen months. Longtime readers will note the continued presence of Curtains for Living Room over on my To Do list. Other than a burst of indecision in April, no progress was made on this front until last week, when some idle time surfing the web led to some overdue (albeit pointless) revelations.

Have you noticed how houses are sometimes sold with building permits and architectural plans included? The title to ours will come with a detailed plan of how best to approach the window coverings. For what it’s worth, I think the front room needs plantation shutters. The middle room needs a Florence Broadhurst blind. And the living room would be perfectly fine with plain linen Ikea drapes. Now, that wasn’t so hard, was it?

*****

Newsflash: The Purple Stripes are playing the Royal Melbourne Show this Thursday, 21 September at 10:30am and 2:30pm. My friend Nicole is scheduled for a 1:30pm C-section, which might mean it’s possible she could make the later show with her brand-new twins.

6 Comments:

Blogger Little Snoring said...

I never noticed your to do list (must get out of bloglines more often). I guess making it public hasn't made much difference to whether it gets done?

6:45 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

My house came with plantation shutters IN EVERY ROOM. Although I didn't like them at first, having them has meant I haven't had to face the spectre of curtains at all.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Di said...

You have so mcuh going on in your life- I don't envy you the task of selling your home. After a long and frustrating 5 months, I think I have finally sold mine, but I'm not going to count my pennies before the cooling off period is over..
I hope it all goes smoothly for you, and that you are happily set up in a comfortable new home soon.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

Such sadness. I too hope it goes smoothly and as well as can be hoped.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Shall we cross the curtains off the list now? and anything else that needs to be gone? It's okay, we the blog-followers give you permission. To thine own self be true and all that. Be well.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

come back! I hope you're not posting becos you are busy and productive and working hard at moving on. You can do it baby!

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home