Monday, May 22, 2006

The move



Too tired to tell you the full story tonight. Just the salient points:

1. The move is almost done. Almost because, after two days of moving, the freight elevator died. Emergency phone calls suggested that either A. it was broken or B. it runs on a timer and was done for the day. Unfortunately, this happened with the last load on board, just as it seemed that the buggerisation was over (see below.)

2. Despite my purely supervisory role, I was the only one injured. Twice. (Bent-back thumb, little finger stubbed falling down stairs.)

3. I love my movers. Especially Linda.

4. In spite of the fact that my main press is circling Melbourne in the back of a truck, and that I wake at night with full-blown anxiety about whether or not certain items are lost or not, I feel very happy about the place. I went in this morning to meet a paper rep, then met Di for lunch. It felt like the first day at my dream job.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I don't think the link to Di's website works.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Almendra said...

O, happy day. I knew it would come.

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW LADY!!! I'm so happy for you. Except for the elevator and the finger thing and the circling press. . . . But for everything else, yay!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can start to breathe a little easier now, and do some fine work in your new place (and have lunch with the lovely Di :) )

11:14 PM  
Blogger Ampersand Duck said...

After rearranging my type area, I am so attuned to your pain. But hey, it's all happening! I'm excited for you. And just a touch jealous :) Another reason to visit Melbourne. Hooray!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home