Friday, June 16, 2006

I love my new building

Buttonmania is on the second floor, around the corner from studio #1. Earlier this week, I had a message that Kathy wanted to speak to me about my machinery mover. She ushered me into her cavernous storeroom to show me a series of button-making machines that she plans to display in her future button museum. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven: a button museum, downstairs! I never, ever want to leave the building, and I'm not even moved in yet.

My mover agreed to move us both this Sunday, but then it became clear that Kathy would be too busy with her upcoming sale, so the move's been postponed to Saturday next. I've been feeling very anxious about it, but somewhat less so since speaking with Kathy. She told me how a tenant once had safes delivered to the second floor via her front window, hoisted up by crane. If the move doesn't happen soon, I might just paint the floor in my new place, but I'm guessing that would be a very bad idea. Last week, a visiting friend advised "the printing's the thing" when pressed about some persnickety detail of the paint job. He's right, but I find it hard to stop.

If you are a button person in Melbourne, the Buttonmania sale runs next Monday to Saturday. If, on Saturday, you notice a harried woman pressing chocolate chip cookies on her disgruntled movers, that’ll be me.

Buttonmania, Level 2, 37 Swanston Street, Melbourne. Phone: 9650 3627.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting confused! How many times are you moving? And how many times are you re-moving?!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Ampersand Duck said...

oohhhhhh!
[rocks back and forth, head in hands]

12:05 PM  
Blogger Frances said...

I went yesterday and went mad...then went back today and went...madder! Great buttons. All the colours and the sound of hands moving through all those little plastic discs is so pleasing.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Have been reading you for a while, but didn't realise you were moving THERE!!!!

The most magic building in Melbourne

http://chloesplace.blogspot.com/2006/06/buttonmania-is-having-sale.html

Have you found Kimono House yet????

Thanks for the news of the sale, even if I am reading you a little late. Have spread it a little further.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home