Friday, September 30, 2005

Ha!

I’ve been knitting like a crazy person, calculating and re-calculating how many repeats I must knit per day to finish Kate’s Backyard Leaves by the end of September. I’ve been falling short over and over, and now it’s the end of the month and I’m only half-way done. However, it turns out the deadline is the end of October, and the end of September was only my personal deadline, the kind of deadline just made to be broken.

Oh, don’t you love it when you manage to trick yourself? It’s a thrill: like finding money in the pocket of something you haven’t worn in a while. Or that dream in which you find that your house has an extra room or a whole new wing that for some strange reason you hadn’t noticed before. Only this time, it’s real.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn! I haven't forgotten you! After several start-then-frog attempts to get gauge, then a few tests of which short row technique is least noticeable, I'm finally underway with your capelet. And I don't think I'll have a problem meeting an end of October deadline - I only hope the post doesn't take too long to get it to you!!

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home