Wednesday, September 21, 2005

If You Have a Fat Upper Arm



For Melbourne crafters, a chance to step back in time:

The Button Shop
181 Glenferrie Rd Malvern VIC 3144
ph: (03) 9509 7077

The yarns are somewhat uninspiring, but there's a wall of 1980's patterns (if that's your thing.) My favourite, however, is the rack of zippers in almost any shade you can imagine, in their original 1960's packaging. And, of course, as the name suggests, there's a wall of buttons, arranged by shade and shape.

I found the perfect "How To" book here for my Back-tack II partner, and the tool required for her obscure must-try craft. I'm holding out, however, for the chance I might find one in wood or tortoiseshell, but it's good to know that I have a fall-back option in reliable plastic, just in case.

[More about the book pictured above in a future post. But in the meantime, Are You a 'Stylish Stout'?]

2 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

I know that shop!! It's totally surreal- like stepping back in time. It's amazing some of the old notions they have tucked away.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Button Shop. I've often found buttons (and other notions) there when I'd about given up on everywhere else. Now, I often go there first...
Jill.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home