Saturday, September 17, 2005

To Do List

Do Buddhists keep To Do lists? The wicked pleasure in crossing something off a list suggests to me that this isn’t exactly what’s meant by “living in the present.” Sometimes it’s more a thank-God-that’s-in-the-past kind of moment, before girding oneself for tasks looming ahead.

Nichola loves the cross-off. Caterina wrote once about her father-in-law, who at some point crossed everything off his list, and for a brief moment in time had no-one to call, no bill to pay, nothing to attend to and nothing left undone. She linked to this site, an exhaustive To Do list guaranteed to change one’s life for the better.

Somewhat less daunting is the wonderful 43 Things. And 52 Projects transforms the To List list into an artform.

You’ll notice that I’ve added Get A Job to my To Do list, simply for the pleasure of crossing it off. There was a moment last week when I was holding my breath hoping to Get A Job before Diana’s lovely Box Bag #3 sold. For a while, it looked to be within my grasp, but alas, somebody else must have Gotten A Job before I did.

2 Comments:

Blogger the stripey tiger said...

OMG I just love this post. I am a compulsive list maker and record keeper. That's why I'm blogging. But thankyou thankyou for these links!! Oh I love Caterina.net (her read books list) I do that! The Clean Sweep Program - Its tempting...The things, the projects, the assignments. How did you find this stuff its brilliant!! Things not to do 'google all your exes' I nearly did! Anyway I'm lovin it - I just stopped by to tell you that I FINISHED THE WRAP!! Just have to block it now. :-) Stripey

10:57 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Don't worry- I'm making some more at the moment!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home